Looking for some inspiration to keep the Monday night blahs at bay? Try this cheap and easy dinner that’ll leave you with enough time to sip a cold bevvy while you complain about how far away the weekend still is…..
Lemon Garlic Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Summer Slaw
For about $6-7 a pop, grab a pre-marinated pork tenderloin and fire up the grill to HIGH.
While that’s warming up, combine the following in a bowl:
-2 cans corn, drained
-1 can black beans, drained
-1 avocado, chopped
-1 beefsteak tomato chopped up finely
-1 lime, zested and juiced right over that avocado
-3 dashes favorite hot sauce
Slap in the fridge to meld the flavors while you cook the pork – SO simple:
1. Place pork at back of grill on high for 5min till one aide is charred.
2. Turn a quarter turn every 5 minutes, leaving one side UNcharred.
3. Turn grill to LOWEST heat, cover and cook 20 more minutes.
4. Turn heat back to HIGH and make final quarter turn to char last side for 5mins.
5. Remove from heat to clean plate, cover tightly with foil for 5 minutes to set minutes.
When you plate this up, toss a little shredded cheddar into the slaw (which is really more of a salsa or corn salad, let’s be honest), for added kick. A little leftover caramelized onions never hurt anyone (or a diet for that matter…), and a dollop of fat free sour cream for good measure.
Total calories for one: approx. 300 give or take. Enough left over for dessert, or a cold brew to match your job well done! (get it? Grill? Well down?! ….. Sorry.)