How do I feel: It’s Monday, so it’s not like this day has much in the way of default awesomeness, but I’m totally fine and feel the same as yesterday except really sore from a weekend of killer workouts.
I AM HALF WAY DONE – WOO HOO!!!!! (Doing mid-way victory dance around the kitchen)
Seriously, though. It’s really amazing what a couple of weeks worth of limiting yourself does to how you understand food. Limiting my ingredients has definitely been a challenge, and so far, I really haven’t made that many things from specific recipes. Mostly, it’s been just regular old cooking, just without some things, and adding more of others (like lots of veggies and more proteins).
Tonight I dined out again with a very dear friend who was in town from NYC for business. I took him to Loulay because last time he was visiting it wasn’t open yet. Plus I knew that Chefs Thierry and his great crew of talented chefs would be more than accommodating and not let anything slip through the cracks ingredient wise. I was more than right about that. Now for all the pictures:
Yes, that is 3 kinds of oysters and 3 kinds of vinaigrettes or sauces to go with (one was pomegranate, the other is tomato).
- 2 eggs, coffee with homemade almond milk, 1/3 of a Primal Pac, 10oz H2O
- Tuna salad with romaine, olives, Roma tomato, 1/2 avocado and yellow mustard (and a dash of olive oil)
- The last of the chicken curry (I’m not even joking. HOW did that batch last so long?! Thank goodness that’s over!)
- Oysters on the half shell
- Green house salad with Huckleberry vinaigrette
- Burger with butter lettuce, duck egg and house made aioli
- Lots of sparkling water with lime
Lesson of the day: Don’t be so worried when you ask for a restaurant to accommodate your needs! You’re there, paying for their service, and if you’re being nice and polite, they’re usually happy to do what you need. It is good to feel uncomfortable and push yourself outside your limits. Do it, and do it often!